Developing a Reading Habit

 

2020 made me a Book Blogger

I was one of those guys who bought books and never read them. I like to buy books but when I start reading them, I get bored in just 2 pages. But during the lockdown, I decided to work on my reading habit and started making a reading schedule. I will provide that schedule for you guys. It was very helpful.

·       Make a timetable

Start by making a timetable. It may look silly but I guarantee you it will help you nourish your habit.

E.g. Dedicate a specific time for reading a book i.e., from 9pm to 10pm - "Mistborn".                    

 It will surely become a part of your life.

·       To-do list

Set a goal. 

Suppose you read 2 hours a day. And your speed is 40 pages per hour. You can easily cover a 1000-page book in 14 days.

Prepare a to-do list like this

The goal of this month:

  • Hunger Games Trilogy

·       Give yourself a small gift

After reading for a good amount of time you can give yourself a gift. Like chocolate or extra hour for TV, etc

·       Write what you read

This is an important one. You can write about what you read. You can start a blog or be a booktuber or bookstagrammer. Whatever you like. It will help us grow our little habit.

·       Don’t give up

If you feel like quitting make it a challenge. I challenge you to read 12 books next year and put a hashtag #popfeedzblogchallenge.

 

I decided to start a blog dedicated to books. And now here we are. Now I own 40 books and has read 17 books in 4 months. I know it’s a small number, but I am happy with it. It's just a beginning

Picture Abhi Baki Hai Mere Dost….


Pictures edited using Canva.

Comments

Post a Comment